Program Director, "Cultural Management Strategy & Practice"
Graduated with honors from the Moscow State University’s (MSU) Department of Philosophy in 1994. A graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of Russian Foreign Ministry (1998). Doctor of Philosophy (2000), defended his thesis at the department of Russian Philosophy of the Faculty of Philosophy at the MSU. Studied at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government (2012).
Served as an expert in the Russian-US Intergovernmental Committee on economic and technological cooperation (1998-2001). During his work with the commission, interacted with the US State Department, the US Agency for International Development, the US Small Business Administration and Eurasia Foundation. In July 2001, participated in the forum “Young Leaders of APEC” in China’s Shanghai. Since 2004, has worked in the private sector as a manager and a consultant in development and real estate.
Since 2008, has been overseeing all international projects and development of Moscow City Symphony Orchestra “Russian Philharmonic.” During his tenure, the orchestra’s Diplomatic Club (2008) was set up, while the “Russian Philharmonic” joined leading industry associations: International Artist Managers’ Association (IAMA), the Alliance of the Asia Pacific Region Orchestras (AAPRO), the League of American Orchestras (LAO). Since 2010, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin has been a member of the IAMA, which is the only global association for the management of the classical music. Moscow City Symphony Orchestra “Russian Philharmonic” became the first large symphony orchestra in Russia to join the IAMA as an affiliated member.
In September 2011 was one of the co-organizers of the AARPO Summit in Moscow. Expanded the orchestra’s tour geography: tours in Austria, Bulgaria, the United Kingdom, Oman, Slovakia, Turkey, France. In 2013, the orchestra was signed by one of the leading artistic agencies of the world, Productions Internationales Albert Sarfati, PIAS (France).
Was the director of the state independent cultural institution “Moscow Regional Philharmonic” between October 2013 and November 2016. Was a member of the board of Moscow Region’s Ministry of Culture in 2014-2016.
Gives lectures and leads special courses at the Faculty of Philosophy of the MSU. In 2010, initiated the project “Lectures on Diplomacy,” with guests including ambassadors and top diplomats from the major countries of Asia, Europe, North and Latin America, at MSU’s Faculty of Philosophy.
- “Gorizonty Kultury” (“Culture Horizons”) Magazine, #2, 2016, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin: “Systemic Approach Instead of PR Only for Show.”
- “Kultura” radio (“Culture”), 01.07.2016, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Deistvuyushchie litsa” (“Participants”), anchored by Vladislav Boretsky and Oksana Podriga.
- “Nashe Podmoskovye” radio (“Our Moscow suburbs”), 11.01.2016, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Podmoskovny fresh” (“Fresh from Moscow suburbs”), anchored by Pavel Zhukov and Daria Yeganova.
- “Gorizonty Kultury” (“Culture Horizons”) Magazine, #4, 2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin: “A Strong Player on the Capital’s Scene.”
- “Muzykalny zhurnal” (“Music Magazine”), #10, 2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin: “We Succeeded in Uniting People for a Common Cause.”
- “Sport FM” radio, 22.09.2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made appearance on the show “Vyzov v sbornuyu,” (“Called up to the National team”).
- “Nashe Podmoskovye” radio (“Our Moscow suburbs”), 15.09.2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Tête-à-tête,” anchored by Mira Aleksa.
- Challenge “Our Forest. Plant Your Tree,” 12.09.2015.
- “Kultura” radio (“Culture”), 11.09.2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Deistvuyushchie litsa” (“Participants”), anchored by Vladislav Boretsky and Oksana Podriga.