- Unique and the only program on the Russian educational market relating to cultural management strategy and practice in international and local contexts. Main concept: managers should manage, creators should create. Differentiation between management and creative work in cultural sector, separation of managerial and artistic functions, cultural management as an independent management qualification.
- The program contains the most essential and state-of-the-art information in the field, providing relevant knowledge exchange for cultural industry managers.
- The program is not an academic one. Lectures and workshops are presented by practitioners with proven track record from various branches of culture. It is targeted at practicing cultural managers, although it is open to anyone interested in this area.
- The program places special emphasis on cultural projects’ technologies and know-how.
- The program includes four core thematic clusters dealing with traditional art forms: Music, Museums, Theater, Cinema. Festival industry is a special program area.
- The program collaborates with both Russian and international cultural industry leaders.
- The program focuses on cultural practices of the regions of Russia with their own cultural identity. The program encourages sustainable cultural development in the regions of Russia and broader involvement into international cooperation.
- Why Lomonosov Moscow State University? It is a world-renowned higher educational institution and top educational brand in Russia. Lomonosov Moscow State University is the only Russian university among the world’s top 100 universities in the two international rankings: 74th place in the QS World University Rankings 2021 and 93th place in ARWU World University Rankings 2020. The program has been launched in accordance with a decision of the Academic Council of the MSU Philosophy Department in May 2017. From 2019 hosted by Graduate School of Innovative Business, MSU structural unit in the status of a Faculty.