The MSU Professional Development Program
Cultural Management Strategy & Practice
Program entrance requirements
Types of trainees:
- cultural officials (heads and employees of culture ministries/departments/offices – federal, regional, municipal);
- heads and employees of official cultural institutions;
- private managers (festival organizers, concert producers and promoters);
- employees of public or private non-profit cultural entities;
- employees of public and private organizations majoring in marketing, PR, international cultural relations, communications;
- individuals interested in cultural industry.
54 academic hours, 6 days, full-time (intramural), accommodation is provided upon request.
- Cultural policy & cultural management subjects.
- Balance between managerial and creative. Culture as a “soft power”.
- Strategic and management models of cultural policies (Russia, Europe, Asia, America).
- Culture and cultural industries in the Russian Federation.
- Culture as economic sector.
- Contemporary cultural institution/entity organizational structure. Cooperate management principles in cultural industry. Template, formation and development. Team building, HR policy, programming, branding.
- Regional cultural identity (adaptation to particular region in case of a retreat). Analysis, formulation, priorities. Cultural development programs drafting in the regions of Russia: success factors.
- Cultural management legal aspects. Establishment of intellectual property protection and management system for cultural institutions. Cultural institutions & organizations’ administrative and regulatory risks during the pandemic. Cultural institutions’ legal risks in public procurements and ways to minimize them.
- Relationship between conveners and subordinate official cultural institutions.
- Cultural management technologies and know-how in visual arts, music and performing arts: digital marketing in culture, role of the media.
- Cultural events sponsorship. Fund raising and grant management features.
- International cultural projects aspects.