The MSU Professional Development Program
“Cultural Management Strategy & Practice”
Program entrance requirements:
Officials and employees engaged in:
- cultural management governmental authorities;
- federal, regional or municipal cultural institutions;
- public, non-profit or private cultural organizations;
- state and private profit-making organizations focusing on marketing, external & public relations, international cultural relations, communications.
Individuals interested in cultural issues.
40 hours, 1 week, full-time (intramural), accommodation is provided
Schedule: 6-8 hours/day
- Culture and the arts world system. Cultural policy & management subjects. Balance between managerial and creative. Culture as a “soft power”.
- Genesis of culture. Main epochs and styles of different kinds of art. Traditional & contemporary performing arts.
- Strategic and management models of cultural policies (Russia, Europe, Asia, America). Project making and project promotion technologies in visual arts, music and other kinds of art.
- Regional cultural identity. Analysis, formulation, priorities. Cultural development programs drafting in the regions of Russia: success factors (roundtable or practical training format).
- Culture as a sector of the economy and cultural economics. Potential and reality.
- Legal aspects of cultural management (contract system, intellectual property)
- Master classes and guest lectures