Graduated with honors from the Moscow State University’s (MSU) Department of Philosophy in 1994. Graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (1998). Doctor of Philosophy (2000), defended his thesis at the Russian Philosophy Faculty of the MSU Department of Philosophy. Successfully completed the executive program of John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University (2012).
Served as an expert in the US-Russia Bilateral Commission on economic and technological cooperation (1998-2001). While working in the Commission, interacted with the US Department of State, the US Agency for International Development, the US Small Business Administration and Eurasia Foundation. In July 2001, participated in the APEC Young Leaders Forum in Shanghai. Since 2004, has served in different top executive and advisory capacities in private sector (development and real estate business).
Since September 2008, has been overseeing all international projects and business development of Moscow City Symphony – Russian Philharmonic. During his tenure, the orchestra’s Diplomatic Club (2008) was set up, while the Russian Philharmonic joined leading industry associations: International Artist Managers’ Association (IAMA), the Alliance of the Asia Pacific Region Orchestras (AAPRO), the League of American Orchestras (LAO). Since March 2010, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin has been a member of the IAMA, which is the only global association for the management of the classical music. Moscow City Symphony – Russian Philharmonic became the first full symphony orchestra in Russia to join the IAMA as an affiliated member.
In September 2011 was one of the co-organizers of the AARPO Summit in Moscow. Expanded the orchestra’s tour geography: Austria, Bulgaria, the United Kingdom, Oman, Slovakia, Turkey, France. In 2013, the orchestra was signed by one of the leading artistic agencies of the world, Productions Internationales Albert Sarfati, PIAS (France).
Since 2013 has been appointed CEO of the Moscow Region Philharmonic. Permanent Board member of Moscow Region’s Ministry of Culture in 2014-2016.
Since 2017 – President of New Russian Classics company (artist & concert management, tours, educational & consulting programs).
Since 2017 – Program Director, Founder and original author of “Cultural Management Strategy & Practice” program at the Lomonosov Moscow State University.
Since November 2018 represents Russia in the Working Group of the Nordic Baltic Festival Platform.
Gives lectures and leads special courses at the MSU Department of Philosophy. In 2010, initiated the project “Diplomatic Readings” at the MSU Department of Philosophy with the participation of the ambassadors and senior diplomats representing Asia, Europe, North and Latin America.
- “Gorizonty Kultury” (“Culture Horizons”) Magazine, #2, 2016, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin: “System Approach Instead of Showy PR.”
- “Kultura” radio (“Culture”), 01.07.2016, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Deistvuyushchie litsa” (“Key players”), anchored by Vladislav Boretsky and Oksana Podriga.
- “Nashe Podmoskovye” radio (“Our Moscow suburbs”), 11.01.2016, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Podmoskovny fresh” (“Fresh from Moscow suburbs”), anchored by Pavel Zhukov and Daria Yeganova.
- “Gorizonty Kultury” (“Culture Horizons”) Magazine, #4, 2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin: “A Strong Player on the Capital’s Scene.”
- “Muzykalny zhurnal” (“Music Magazine”), #10, 2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin: “We Succeeded in Uniting People for a Common Cause.”
- “Sport FM” radio, 22.09.2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made appearance on the show “Vyzov v sbornuyu,” (“Called up to the National team”).
- “Nashe Podmoskovye” radio (“Our Moscow suburbs”), 15.09.2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Tête-à-tête,” anchored by Mira Aleksa.
- Challenge “Our Forest. Plant Your Tree,” 12.09.2015.
- “Kultura” radio (“Culture”), 11.09.2015, Ilgiz Yanbukhtin made an appearance on the show “Deistvuyushchie litsa” (“Key players”), anchored by Vladislav Boretsky and Oksana Podriga.